- Get chopping over the weekend.
- Use an egg slicer to slice mushrooms and strawberries in a flash.
- Freeze 1/2 cup measures of ingredients such as onions and peppers to make quick soups and stir fries
- Buy meats in bulk and freeze portions with marinade inside a plastic zip top bag. (I do this one!)
- Use the pre-shredded mix of cabbages and carrots in stir-fries, soups and other savory sides.
- Don't throw out your leftover rice! Use it to make fried rice, rice cakes or quick rice pudding.
- Leave the skin on your potatoes for more fiber and nutrients and to save time.
- Almost out of Dijon? Don't let those last tablespoons go to waste. Add vinaigrette ingredients straight to the mustard jar and shake for mess-free salad dressing.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
What's for dinner?
What can be done to make dinner time more efficient, healthier, calmer and more pleasant?